Social media is one of the best ways to reach your target audience. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and many other social channels can be used to find new customers and create new sales. If you want to increase your social media presence, you need the right plan. Here are a few ways to benefit from the social explosion.
Social Media Presence
Before we go any further, it’s important to understand what social media can provide you. A few facts include:
- 1.15 billion people visit Facebook on a Monthly Basis
- Over 215 million people visit Twitter Monthly
- Over 359 million people use Google+ each month
- About 40 million people visit Pinterest every month
- 93% of marketers use social media for customer gains
- 7 out of 10 consumers will choose your business based on your social media presence
- About 67% of those using social media check it daily
- The average consumer spends more than 34 hours on social media every month
These numbers are already staggering and they are growing every single month.
Create a Custom Profile
The first thing you want to do to build your social media presence is create a customized profile for each site. Your business needs to stand out and you need to brand it properly across all social channels. Make sure the profiles are consistent and provide an about me section, a profile picture (your logo is a great choice) and a mission statement.
Actually Use each Profile
You may need to hire a professional to manage all of your social media accounts to become active regularly. You need to be active on each profile on a daily or at least an every other day basis. It’s important to actually interact with your audience, as well.
Make your Posts Consistent
You don’t want to hit the ground running and post all the time for a month, and then stop. You want to be posting regularly. Share your blog content, share memes and share all kinds of other things. Make sure you are re-posting content from your industry and anything else that fits.
There are some times of the day that are better for posting than others. These include:
- Thursday and Friday in the early afternoon on Facebook
- Tuesday through Thursday from 8am to 5pm for LinkedIn
- Monday through Friday from 9am to 11am on Google+
- Monday through Friday from 12pm to 6pm on Twitter for marketing to businesses and add in weekends for marketing to consumers
- From 8pm to 11pm on Saturdays for Pinterest
These are the highest traffic times for the sites and will give you the best opportunity to build your social media presence.
You can actually use a WordPress plugin or another tool to help you schedule social media posts. This makes it easy to write them whenever you want and schedule them to go out to all your social profiles at the peak times.
Run Contests with Prizes
Businesses that run contests on social media gain followers and are seen as very interactive. You don’t have to give away anything huge, but give something away of value. This will help your audience engage with you and see you in a better light on social media.
Expand your Network
There are probably others within your industry or in a complimentary industry you can follow and interact with on social media. When you do this and you expand your network to the major influencers, you can grow your presence even faster.
There are many other ways you can grow your social media marketing presence, such as taking out Facebook ads and sharing infographics. Use these tips and create a strategy to help your business start building a solid presence on social media.